This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Newbie With Problems

wink

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:47:31 pm

I'm another refugee attempting to flee Microsoft's hold on me. All I've ever used is XP except for an internet appliance. I bought an Asus EEE Box EB1007 in December and put Mint 9 on it but hated it. Now I've got Zorin on it but have 2 major problems so far. There is no screen resolution available that matches my 1440X900. Is there a way to fix it without getting highly technical? Perhaps with my older eyes I don't need that high a resolution but the 1024X768 is too low. I thought installing the drivers on my Asus CD might fix it but I don't know how to do it. A driver update search from Zorin produced nothing. The logn resolution is even lower but at this point it's a minor annoyance.

Also I can find no adjustments at all for my mouse wheel. I want to scroll one page at a time in all applications, not just a few lines.

wink

Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:13:23 am

My Asus is the regular mini desktop with the Intel GMA graphics. Full specs are here.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220066
The thing is correct resolution is automatically detected with a Puppy live CD.

Deadly Ernest

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:59:52 am

wink wrote:I'm another refugee attempting to flee Microsoft's hold on me. All I've ever used is XP except for an internet appliance. I bought an Asus EEE Box EB1007 in December and put Mint 9 on it but hated it. Now I've got Zorin on it but have 2 major problems so far. There is no screen resolution available that matches my 1440X900. Is there a way to fix it without getting highly technical? Perhaps with my older eyes I don't need that high a resolution but the 1024X768 is too low. I thought installing the drivers on my Asus CD might fix it but I don't know how to do it. A driver update search from Zorin produced nothing. The logn resolution is even lower but at this point it's a minor annoyance.

Also I can find no adjustments at all for my mouse wheel. I want to scroll one page at a time in all applications, not just a few lines.

Regarding the scrolling, I use the page down key on the keyboard to jump a page at a time. The other option I use is to grab the scroll bar and run it down as far as I want to go. I can't find a setting, anywhere, to adjust the amount of scrolling done on the scroll wheel.

Ernest

madvinegar

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:26:54 am

You can try downloading from software center "pointing devices" and change the scrolling settings/speed from there.

Wolfman

Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:35:29 am

Open the control center and go to hardware > monitors, you can change the res for your screen there, make sure you test it first!!.

Regards Wolfman :D