This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Gnome Evolution IMAP not working

dpujdak

Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:29:36 pm

Tried to connect imap custom email server with Evolution. App continuously asks for the password with no any details or error messages.
Overall the email setup looks very complicated.
Installed Mailspring entered the same details and everything is working fine.
Please make Evolution show the error details. Tried to find some logs (https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging) but it looks very complicated for the normal user like me.

Aravisian

Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:47:45 pm

Please read here:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=204689

Sadly, this has been bugging people for some time. However, Evolution is not developed nor maintained by the Zorin Team, but by Gnome (GNU).
The bug has been reported over the course of many years...

dpujdak

Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:17:59 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.
So I cannot use Evolution as an email client? Sorry I cannot understand what is the problem and how to fix it?.
If Evolution is open source maybe it is possible to fix the issue otherwise making it as a default preinstalled email client doesn't make any sense.

Swarfendor437

Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:02:23 pm

Hi, I did have some issues at first but got round it and was able to access my ISP mail account. You could always uninstall Evolution or just leave it alone and use Thunderbird instead which is what I use on my current Core install. Zorin has had to go down the Evolution route because it is the only Linux mail client that is compatible with Active Directory in an attempt to get business users to take up Zorin as the 'de facto' desktop. :)

dpujdak

Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:35:20 pm

I have solved the connection problem by adding IMAP/SMTP account in ZorinOS System Settings -> Online Accounts -> IMAP and SMTP.
Thanks guys for your help.