This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] multiple times

lfvpgomes

Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:08:09 pm

Hello

After a software update it started to appear all the time.
It seems that it duplicated the files.

W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (main/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (multiverse/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (multiverse/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (multiverse/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (multiverse/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (multiverse/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (multiverse/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (multiverse/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (multiverse/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons (multiverse/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (multiverse/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (multiverse/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (universe/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (universe/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (universe/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons (universe/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (universe/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (universe/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (restricted/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (restricted/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (restricted/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (restricted/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (restricted/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons (restricted/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (restricted/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (restricted/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (main/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (multiverse/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (multiverse/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (multiverse/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (multiverse/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (multiverse/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (multiverse/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (multiverse/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (multiverse/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons (multiverse/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (multiverse/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (multiverse/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:49 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (universe/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (universe/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (universe/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons (universe/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (universe/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (universe/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:47 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Packages (restricted/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (restricted/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target Translations (restricted/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (restricted/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11 (restricted/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (restricted/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target DEP-11-icons (restricted/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (restricted/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51
W: Target CNF (restricted/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:45 and /etc/apt/sources.list:51

Cant remove this duplicated files

Aravisian

Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:39:35 pm

What this means is that in your repository source list, you have duplicate entries. Don't worry, this is an easy fix and there are many ways to go about doing it.
Let's go with the GUI File Manager method first and see if that works for you.
This way, you can directly see where things are and what they do.
Start with your terminal and enter
Code:
pkexec nautilus
if you are using Zorin 15 Core or Ultimate.
If you are using Zorin 15 Lite, use
Code:
pkexec thunar

instead.

Now you have your file manager opened in Elevated privileges.
Navigate to File System on the left pane. Your content view window will now show folders, bin, boot, cdrom, dev, etc, home, lib, lib64 and so on.
You will want to go to /etc and then /apt folders. This is where your "sources.list" is stored. On this list, are all your installed repositories.
Right click on "sources.list" and you should see two interesting options. One, you can open it with Software and Updates which is a graphical user interface that allows you to select choices or Two, you can open it as a text editor.
Let's open it with your text editor.
Now you see a pad in front of you with a bunch of whoknowswhat gobbledygook on it. Awesome.
Your terminal claims that you have the following duplicates:
45 and 51
47 and 51
49 and 51

All you need to do is remove that line which is a duplicate. In this case, Line 51 seems to be quite the troublemaker. Highlight the Full Line of Line 51 (And nothing else) and backspace.

Easy, right?

Save and Close it out and try running sudo apt-get update in your terminal and see if it calms down a bit. If not, repeat the procedure for any duplicates you find.

This method above is direct and very interactive which is better, in my opinion, than using the GUI "Software and Updates" application. But, if you prefer the GUI method, please say so and we can work with that.

lfvpgomes

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:49:52 pm

Thank you for your reply

I used the command sudo nano /path/to/your/file.foo

Then edited

Regards

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:47:31 pm

HI, can this now be marked as [SOLVED]? ;) :D

lfvpgomes

Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:59:25 pm

Yes :)