This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Cannot Connect to WIFI with Rosewill RNX-EasyN1

mcguinnessdr

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:17:09 pm

I just installed Zorin on my computer and am trying to connect to my home wifi network, but am not able to. My network shows up, and I can type in the password, but after trying to connect for a while it will say "disconnected." Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thank you in advance for any help.

mcguinnessdr

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:37:04 am

Thank you for the reply, but I wont be needing it now. My internet just started working randomly. I left my computer for an hour or so to do something, then tried connecting to the internet again when I got back, and it worked! It''s really weird, but it seems to be working now.

mcguinnessdr

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:16:28 pm

I restarted my computer, and my internet stopped working again, so I tried what you said and it worked. Next time I restarted my computer it stopped working again, what should I try? I can see the network in my connections, but I just can't connect. Thank you for the help.

madvinegar

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:40:22 am

Can you please clarify the following:

When you enter your password, does it connect even for a little while and then disconnects, or does not connect at all (like you are giving the wrong password)?
If it does not connect at all, double check that you are giving the correct password and also check that you are selecting the correct encryption type (the box below the password entering).

Also, after you have followed swarfendor's guide (which worked for you) have you edited wireless connections and ticked the box that says "available for all users"?

Check the following:

1. If you plug an ethernet cable, can you get to the internet without any problem?
2. Check that your wireless tcp/ip settings are set to automatic and that your router is not set to a static IP.
3. Shut down and unplug everything regarding the router for 30 seconds so as to get a new ip address. Then plug it back again and see what happens.