This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin's Panel in two rows?

Klatimyd

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:55:53 pm

Hello,

I use Zorin 15 Lite. Is there a way to make the panel in two rows? My issue is that when I have like 10 or more tabs they all got squished or combined (I hate and never use this function). I tried to increase all kind of sizes in Appearance but it didn't helped.

A part of this, thank you for the great OS! I've been using Zorin 15 as a main "work related" OS for the last two months and it was great! I've been able to pull the best work tools from Microsoft (like my favorite Outlook 2010) along with the pretty frequent functionality surprises that I encounter and some little random "aahaaaaa"s of satisfaction :) (like the instant recognize and ability to use my Intuos Wacom Draw tablet or printer/scanner(Samsung SCX4200 -very old!!!) or my laptop with touch screen.. etc etc) Thank You!

Back to topic - how to get those tabs align in two rows like the attached image? :D

Aravisian

Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:59:30 pm

Klatimyd wrote:Hello,

I use Zorin 15 Lite. Is there a way to make the panel in two rows? My issue is that when I have like 10 or more tabs they all got squished or combined (I hate and never use this function). I tried to increase all kind of sizes in Appearance but it didn't helped.

A part of this, thank you for the great OS! I've been using Zorin 15 as a main "work related" OS for the last two months and it was great! I've been able to pull the best work tools from Microsoft (like my favorite Outlook 2010) along with the pretty frequent functionality surprises that I encounter and some little random "aahaaaaa"s of satisfaction :) (like the instant recognize and ability to use my Intuos Wacom Draw tablet or printer/scanner(Samsung SCX4200 -very old!!!) or my laptop with touch screen.. etc etc) Thank You!

Back to topic - how to get those tabs align in two rows like the attached image? :D

Right click on your panel in Zorin Lite (XFCE4 D.E.) and select Panel Preferences. Look toward the bottom where you see "Measurements". There should be a Slider there, (Second one down) that says, "Number of Rows." You can slide that over to two (or more).

Klatimyd

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:44:27 pm

Unfortunately nothing happens when I click on the panel. No menu pops up.

I tried to search for Panel Preferences or Measurements... I managed to find GNOME extensions with GNOME Tweaks. There are Zorin Taskbar and Zorin Panel. But again there are no configurations regarding rows...

Aravisian

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:52:08 pm

Klatimyd wrote:Unfortunately nothing happens when I click on the panel. No menu pops up.

I tried to search for Panel Preferences or Measurements... I managed to find GNOME extensions with GNOME Tweaks. There are Zorin Taskbar and Zorin Panel. But again there are no configurations regarding rows...

This sounds to me like you are not using Zorin Lite, but rather, Zorin Core which uses the Gnome Desktop and Gnome Panel.

For Gnome Panel, it used to be that holding down the ALT key while right clicking the panel would open up the properties menu.
I am not sure if that will give the option for multiple rows or not. I do not use the Gnome Panel because using it is like l wrestling with a bear. I absolutely Hate It.

One option you might consider, though, is simply installing the XFCE4-Panel and replacing your gnome panel with it.
Code:
sudo apt-get install xfce4-panel

Very easy to use, very easy to configure and very customizable.