This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Can not find if here is microphone driver installed

jarkky

Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:40:47 am

In the skypeforlinux and facebook-messenger applications I could not use the built in microphone.
Also I could not detect a microphone driver installed in the software updater:
Screenshot from 2019-12-15 19-30-31.png
can not see microphone driver here either

Swarfendor437

Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:43:04 pm

There won't be a 'microphone' driver. You need to check you inputs in Sound/Audio. ;) :D

jarkky

Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:47:28 pm

Okay, but still nothing I can find:
Screenshot from 2019-12-16 21-40-23.png
sound input settings

Aravisian

Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:06:26 pm

Have you checked using the PulseAudio app?
https://linuxhint.com/pulse_audio_sounds_ubuntu/

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:53:10 pm

jarkky

Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:41:49 am

Something happened...
It seems it can not use the laptop internal microphone, but after switched using headset there is microphone device:
Screenshot from 2020-07-21 13-31-36.png
micdev1

This seems to work quite well, but sometimes it happens the "Teams" -application can not still find the microphone
even I can see in the ZorinOS sound settings there is some sound input available.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:21:26 pm

Probably because it is a M$ application! :lol:

You would be far better holding secure meetings using https://meet.jit.si - our leader of the local City Linux User Group (LUG) hires a server from Digital Ocean for £5 a week running a jitsi server for our meetings during the pandemic. I use waterfox and able to use Webcam with built in audio without any issue - and it will be more secure than Teams. Jitsi is used by reporters who operate in unfavourable countries as it has true end-to-end encryption - you just have to make sure you set up an obscure meeting name and a secure password for other members to join which you can copy and paste in email or text (jitsi meet is available in Android and Apple Store. ;) :D