This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

GNOME Crashes On Zorin Connect Notifcation

moonspike

Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:56:30 am

I love Zorin Connect. It's one of the most useful features for my circumstances.

I'm having problems with it though. Whenever a notification comes through from my phone (Android 9), everything freezes for around 10 seconds until the desktop restarts. The notification never appears at the top of the screen, but it is present in notification list in the date/calendar pane.

If another notification comes through shortly after, everything works perfectly and it appears as normal. After some time has passed, any new notifications crash the system again.

I've just done a fresh install of 15.1 this morning (for unrelated reasons) and the above is still happening.

I love Zorin Connect, but this forces me to turn it off after a while, then I miss it and turn it back on.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Swarfendor437

Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:44:43 pm

Hi, I've not experienced this at all but have you updated to the latest Android App? Team Zorin notified me that the software on ZorinOS side has been updated as has the Androiod App last week. ;) :D

Also check your firewall settings. I was having issues with Zorin connect after I had setup GUFW. Had to unblock incoming. :D

moonspike

Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:05:19 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, I've not experienced this at all but have you updated to the latest Android App? Team Zorin notified me that the software on ZorinOS side has been updated as has the Androiod App last week. ;) :D

Also check your firewall settings. I was having issues with Zorin connect after I had setup GUFW. Had to unblock incoming. :D

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated!

I'm running the latest versions of both the Android app and the Zorin GNOME plug-in. I've already put in a firewall rule. The notifications do come in okay, they just crash the system at the same time.

I'll keep looking for a fix, but my searches aren't bringing up much. :(

Thanks again!