This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Printer stuck at "processing"

prometheus

Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:58:39 pm

Hi,

I have Zorin OS installed in my desktop and I love everything about it, except until I had to print a document.

When I plugged my HP Laserjet p1102 in, I was able to add it easily BUT when I try to print a document and/or print test page, it just won't do the job.

I tested the same printer on a newly installed ubuntu 18.04, the printer worked.

Any suggestions?

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:05:42 pm

Hi, look at my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12977&hilit=+HP+Tools+HP+Tools#p57042

Also I can't find another post I replied to that an Ubuntu user had issues after upgrading from 16.04 to 18.04 - needed the old hp tools to work. Will try and find my post later about it. ;) :D

prometheus

Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:00:21 pm

Hi,

Thank for the reply. Reading that thread is a big pain in the eye. Literally. I think the forum's color scheme or means of delivering the color scheme is problematic. See attached screenshot.

I made progress though, based on that thread.

I installed the synaptic package manager, installed hp-tools. I can't find hp-lipgui.

Printer can now do a test print, BUT, printer still can't print from a file. I have a pdf file to print.

Aravisian

Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:36:43 pm

prometheus wrote:Thank for the reply. Reading that thread is a big pain in the eye. Literally. I think the forum's color scheme or means of delivering the color scheme is problematic. See attached screenshot.

WOW, that is very strange. That is nothing like what the forum looks like on my screen on any computer I access it on.
What is going on with your web browser...?
prometheus wrote:I installed the synaptic package manager, installed hp-tools. I can't find hp-lipgui.

I am hoping that this is what you are looking for:
https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imag ... g/gethplip

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:56:02 pm

Hopefully this thread should help from askubuntu:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1058742 ... untu-18-04