This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

installing Epson xp-230 multifunction - help

pcfan5

Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:25:29 pm

Hello, I have dowloaded Epson xp-230 drivers from its site. I usualy download xp-211 because there is almost the same line and they used to work, but I didn't realize that new zorin is under a new ubuntu.

However as I didn't have luck installing the scanner I have tried all of them and now I have many packages installed on my system that won't be removed with gdebi.

here is the list of drivers that I dowloaded in 64 bits debi package and installed

XP-211 214 216 …
Printer Driver Linux
1.7.6 ESC/P-R Driver (generic driver) All language
11-11-2019
XP-211 214 216 …
Printer Driver Linux
1.1.0 Epson Printer Utility All language
11-11-2019
XP-211 214 216 …
Printer Driver Linux
1.0.0 ESC/P Driver (full feature) All language
05-30-2013
XP-211 214 216 …
Scanner Driver Linux
2.30.4 All-in-one package All language
08-22-2019

this is new for this printer model XP-230 Series, which I also installed.
Scanner Driver Linux
3.61.0 All-in-one package All language
11-01-2019

So first question how do I clean my system. ? UPDATE: I have done it with synaptics
Second, which is the proper driver for Zorin 15?? based on ubuntu 18.04 (if I got that right)

I am able to installed local printer by USB however scanner isn't detected.

Aravisian

Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:04:34 am

From everything I have just read up on, the 230 driver should be the one that you need.
That being said, I have had a great deal of difficulty getting Gdebi to work at all on Lite and I do not know why. I wonder if you are running into trouble with Gdebi without realizing it.

Maybe try a different installation method. First, remove --purge any 230 driver files you have installed currently. This way, you ensure a fresh clean install.
You may try installing the .deb file for the driver with command line. Open terminal in the folder in which your downloaded 230 driver .deb package is in.
Code:
sudo dpkg -i <PACKAGENAME.deb>

Or by right clicking and selecting "Software Installer" instead of Gdebi.
Otherwise, there may be a different issue with the printer device that needs troubleshooting.

Swarfendor437

Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:51:20 pm

pcfan5

Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:13:50 pm

thanks for your replies

yes , i have dowload the drivers from epson official site.

In order to remove the mess I have done, I use synaptic, unistalling one by one, then installed the latest driver for scanner wich include a scan software calle Image Scan , and it worked... (simple scan doesn't work )

Regarding the printer I installed both drivers, the old ones from 2013 for xp- 211 series and the latest 2019 for xp - 230 series, and added both printers , but I haven't print anything yet.

Things we do for parents.... to avoid the from falling into W10 jaws

Aravisian

Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:24:00 pm

I don't think it is the drivers then.

I'm not so good with getting printers to work because I am better at smashing them with hammers.

Swarfendor437

Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:53:59 pm

is the printer connected directly to the computer and is the version of Zorin installed Core or Lite? If you want we could try and arrange for me to do a Remmina remote connection to see if I can install for you? ;) :D

pcfan5

Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:00:36 pm

Aravisian wrote:I don't think it is the drivers then.

I'm not so good with getting printers to work because I am better at smashing them with hammers.

:lol:

pcfan5

Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:01:17 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:is the printer connected directly to the computer and is the version of Zorin installed Core or Lite? If you want we could try and arrange for me to do a Remmina remote connection to see if I can install for you? ;) :D

I installed Zorin lite, but I was able to install the printer and the scanner already. Thank you!

Aletrion

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:33:52 am

pcfan5 wrote:
Swarfendor437 wrote:is the printer connected directly to the computer and is the version of Zorin installed Core or Lite? If you want we could try and arrange for me to do a Remmina remote connection to see if I can install for you? ;) :D

I installed Zorin lite, but I was able to install the printer and the scanner already. Thank you!

How did you achieve it? I have the same problem with an EPSON L365 Series.