This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Avitar - I take issue! [solved]

kay-dee

Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:35:16 pm

Okay, how come the default Avitar is a guy? Girls like Linux too. Some of us even like Zorin! So here's my pix; help me make it my Avitar...
Katie

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:45:41 pm

I take your point. Team Zorin don't control the Forum - someone donated their phpBB - but I understand where you are coming from. I've already asked the education establishment where I work in the IT wing to remove Stallman's details from the 'Hall of Fame' display - and asked for them all to be replaced with Women IT innovators, and in addition to a website that named 10 women to also add this lady:

https://youtu.be/iF3ZP5ze5jU

Ideally it should be an 'asexual avatar'

To make your Avatar, reduce it to 250 x 250 px then go to your User Panel and replace the default with yours.

(Oh to be young again!)

Aravisian

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:05:59 pm

We have gone over this issue on Science Forums, as well. Back in the old days, socially, it was expected that women could not do math or science.

Which is absolutely absurd.

I hired a lady mechanic to work in my shop a few years back. Girly as you please, nails painted and everything. And she could knoll an entire car in less than 6 hours.

Kay-Dee, at the upper right, hit Control Panel. Then hit the Profile tab. Scroll down about three spaces and hit Edit Avatar. You can upload a (tiny) image of your choosing.
The image you just gave would look like this (And you can use this one if ya want to...):
EDIT: Corrected to ALSO be under 6kb.
Jeez...
kaydee-avatar.jpg
kaydee-avatar.jpg (3.9 KiB)

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:32:15 pm

Oops! Just checked my avatar and it is 90 x 90! :oops:

Aravisian

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:34:53 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Oops! Just checked my avatar and it is 90 x 90! :oops:

Yes, the board can only manage a Little Kay-Dee.

Aravisian

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:21:09 pm

Corrected above to also be under 6kb.

kay-dee

Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:21:04 pm

Now that's better. I like the personal touch. Thank you everyone. And Swarf, Kristina is amazing. I want to be her!
Katie