This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

ACER SWIFT 3 Hangs after lid is closed

rorymabangis

Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:43:09 am

I am using Acer Swift 3 with Zorin OS Lite installed. each time i close the lid and lift it up again after a certain period of time i noticed that Zorin freezes with the keyboard not responding. only the mouse pointer is working. i am forced to reboot by long press of the power button. is there any other way to resolve this from happening?

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:53:20 pm

I wonder if altering the boot parameters to 'acpi=noirq' might help?

https://medium.com/@dade/how-to-linux-a ... 4ae5a3b822

Aravisian

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:56:32 pm

rorymabangis wrote:Zorin OS Lite installed.

Lite - XFCE4 desktop. Sadly, this is not as uncommon as we might want to believe on the XFdesktop and the trouble seems to be light-locker. I've been it's victim, too.
There are are a dew workarounds that can help. Swarfendor suggested a method above and you can adapt that method to your needs as well. Turning off the TrackPad on a notebook seems to help.
You also may consider replacing Light Locker with Xscreensaver. Yet another is to switch from using the light locker to using system suspend (using cli commands) but this only applies if you are actively suspending the computer with a keyboard shortcut rather than allowing the power manager to do it.