This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

I'm new users of Zorin OS

dolceremy

Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:46:34 pm

I'm using 15.1 core version; but for me doesn't works the alarm clock and the "change background"
For the rest it's a a wonderful distribution.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:12:27 pm

Did you complete a full update after install? I have just checked the Clock and the Alarm works fine with a bleep-bleep when alarm goes off. As for background, how are you trying to change this? I have found recently that I can't do it from the context menu, I have to go to Menu | Settings | Appearance and I am not sure if this is because I installed a different File Explorer (Thunar) or that Zorin 15 hasn't ditched the context menu following the new Settings Panel that came out with 15. I may PM AZorin for a definitive answer. ;)

dolceremy

Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:46:24 pm

If the clock is not active in the taskbar, the alarm clock doesn't works!

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:15:52 pm

So you managed to disable the clock? :?

dolceremy

Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:43:20 am

Sorry I'm not understand. What's you mean with disable the clock? I open the clock by all program and manage alert, timer, countdown.

star treker

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:33:24 am

I don't get it either SWARF. They do make it sound like they disabled the clock, AKA for those not good in English language, turned off the clock functionality in the panel.

Now, since switching to XFCE desktop, I have an issue where I can't get the clock to run on the XFCE panel, when I try to add it, it disappears after. So not able to figure it out, I added a Conky clock widget to the desktop, which you've seen in several of my screenshots.

Lets hope the user here has not disabled their clock on the panel. If they have, I know there is a way of getting it back with gnome extensions I believe, which can be adjusted in the Gnome Tweak Tool.

Aravisian

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:39:14 am

dolceremy wrote:Sorry I'm not understand. What's you mean with disable the clock? I open the clock by all program and manage alert, timer, countdown.

dolceremy, può descrivere il problema che sta cercando di risolvere?

dolceremy

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:36:11 am

Aravisian wrote:
dolceremy wrote:Sorry I'm not understand. What's you mean with disable the clock? I open the clock by all program and manage alert, timer, countdown.

Se l'orologio non è residente nella taskbar, l'allarme non suona. A parere mio dovrebbe suonare anche se l'applicazione orologio è chiusa.

Aravisian

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:12:11 pm

dolceremy wrote:
Aravisian wrote:

Se l'orologio non è residente nella taskbar, l'allarme non suona. A parere mio dovrebbe suonare anche se l'applicazione orologio è chiusa.
Code:
If the clock is not resident in the taskbar, the alarm does not sound. In my opinion it should sound even if the clock application is closed.

Inoltre, cosa c'è di sbagliato in "change background"?"

Also, what is wrong with "change background?"