This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Screen Rotating issues

TheLamerLinux

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:49:20 pm

Hello all,

I install Zorin OS on my laptop and I was loving it. The screen rotations was perfect.

So I took my laptop to college, turn it on, and login. The screen was normal until it flash and my screen was upside down. So I rebooted and the screen was normal until it flash and now it's on the right. So again I reboot it and it was normal then it flash to upside down. Now it'll just flash to upside down and then flash again to right.

I tried xrandr --output HDMI-A-0 --rotate normal

It didn't do anything. This laptop isn't an all-in-one laptop but I do plug this laptop in my monitor and use my laptop screen as a second monitor

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:17:51 pm

Could you please advise Make and model of Notebook and the graphics card/chipset in it - is it a pure graphics chipset or is it an Intel/nVidia hybrid or Intel/AMD hybrid? ;) :D

TheLamerLinux

Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:29:06 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Could you please advise Make and model of Notebook and the graphics card/chipset in it - is it a pure graphics chipset or is it an Intel/nVidia hybrid or Intel/AMD hybrid? ;) :D

Right now I'm at work until 12:30am (7:20pm right now). But here's a screenshot that have neofetch.

TheLamerLinux

Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:30:48 am

That's when I have the laptop plugged in the monitor. But it happens when I don't have the laptop plugged into the monitor

Aravisian

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:53:40 am

TheLamerLinux

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:33:14 pm

Aravisian wrote:Will these help at all?
https://www.programsbuzz.com/article/sc ... em-restart

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1035209 ... -18-04-lts

by the looks of it the first link works thank you so much :)

Sorry it took this long to reply I was off my computer for so long with work and college. I almost switched to a different distro until I saw this... again thank you so much

Aravisian

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:42:08 pm

TheLamerLinux wrote:

by the looks of it the first link works thank you so much :)

Sorry it took this long to reply I was off my computer for so long with work and college. I almost switched to a different distro until I saw this... again thank you so much

Good to hear.