This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Removed blueman

Aravisian

Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:15:04 pm

Blueman comes shipped- I think in Xubuntu as well as Ubuntu 18.04.
It likes to start itself on start up.
It REALLY likes to start itself.
In settings>session and Start up> Application start up- I unchecked the entry. I removed it from ~/.confgi/austostart and from /etc/xdg/autostart/.
Yet, upon next login- it was back. It was back to checked in Application autostart. New entries were created in ~/.confgi/austostart and in /etc/xdg/autostart/.
Removed it because it acts like a freakin' virus.

star treker

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:53:43 am

You were right to handle it as you did. And I agree that it definitely acts exactly like a virus, which is why Anti-virus scanners have to go through great steps to remove those kind of virus's, because they keep auto loading, and won't shutdown. Any software that does not abide by the decisions of the user, and instead abides by its creator, should be deemed harmful, and removed.

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:53:19 pm

Let's remember though why Blueman is present at autostart - it's there for folks who have notebooks and if it wasn't present there would be even more moans like "When I'm in Windows, bluetooth works out of the box!" That said, once disabled by desktop users, it should not come back, period! Perhaps it is one of those wonderful Gnome peoples desires to say you will have Blue Tooth - even if your Dentist says it's bad for you! :lol: