This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Roaming profile and how to set it up

papet

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:47:20 pm

Hello !
I'm working in a public school, and I'm trying to integrate Zorin OS to the school's network.
I managed to login by using LDAP, mount my homes with pam_mount. The next step is to set up the system's default configuration so all new users will get a fully functional system.

I have to main issues by now :

- my system seems to be set up with a French keyboard (which is good), but all new users arrive with a English keyboard. When logged in with a remote user, if I check the keyboard configuration in the Region and Language menu, nothing appears in the Input Sources area. When I hit the + button and add my configuration, nothing appears and I have a strange error in my syslog : "Permission denied on updating ~/.config/dconf/user". This file is owned by the user, with the appropriate permissions.

- Regarding the network configuration, I have to setup the http proxy. How can I set it up system wide ? I guess I just have to add an entry onto /etc/dconf/db but which one...? I set it up on a local user profile, I know this configuration appears somewhere in the ~/.config/dconf/user file, but i'm unable to find it when I dig in the dconf-editor...

Can someone help me ?

Thanks !

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:06:06 pm

Hi, I would PM AlbertoBN:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15265#p68608