This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

That little itty bitty cursor [Solved]

kay-dee

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:04:25 pm

I'm working on a 14" screen. And I'm constantly losing the cursor in the clutter. I don't see anything in setting referring to resizing or changing the color of the cursor to make it more visible. And a search of the forum didn't come up with a solution. Is there a way?
Thanks,
Katie

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:47:42 pm

https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... ursor-xfce

but change from 16 to 48

;) :D

I take it you are using Zorin Lite? ;)

kay-dee

Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:17:44 pm

Hi Swarf.
Thanks for the follow up. No, I am on Zorin 15 and using the Zorin flavor of Gnome. Settings>Mouse & Touch Pad does not show a Themes setting to adjust the cursor size to 64. Unless I'm missing something.
I see you smart folks at the forum have a template set up that lists your computer, OS, DE and other specs about your machine on each thread. I need to know how to do that. It will save a lot of confusion. For which I apologize.
Thanks again,
Katie

Aravisian

Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:40:07 pm

kay-dee wrote:Hi Swarf.
Thanks for the follow up. No, I am on Zorin 15 and using the Zorin flavor of Gnome. Settings>Mouse & Touch Pad does not show a Themes setting to adjust the cursor size to 64. Unless I'm missing something.
I see you smart folks at the forum have a template set up that lists your computer, OS, DE and other specs about your machine on each thread. I need to know how to do that. It will save a lot of confusion. For which I apologize.
Thanks again,
Katie

Top Right, hit User Control Panel
Then hit the second tab to the Right, -Profile
Then look at the treeview on the left side, go down to Signature and write your stats and specs in that Signature Box. Save. I don't know how to solve the Cursor size in Gnome. When I was using Gnome, I used the Azenis 32px or 48px cursor, bypassing using any settings.

kay-dee

Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:59:21 pm

Thanks Aravisian... I'll set that up and hopefully make things a little easier for everyone.
Katie

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:36:37 pm

OK, If you are on Zorin 15 (Core or Ultimate) - don't you get the pointer options in settings?:

Go to: Settings | Universal Access | Cursor Size ;) :D

star treker

Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:34:59 am

I know how to solve the cursor size in gnome, as I've had to do it on multiple installs. Also, I view the computer on a 55" TV, so an itty bitty cursor, is simply something I cannot see lol. In order to adjust your cursor size, your going to have to have Dconf installed. If its not installed, you should be able to find it in the software repo. Once installed and launched, navigate to the following section...

ORG / Gnome / Desktop / Interface

Locate Cursor-Size, and edit the value to 64

Also, if you are unhappy with your cursor style, that can be changed as well, but not in Dconf editor. I myself updated my cursor to be the Azenis ship, cause I don't like the basic cursors that come with operating system's lol.

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:11:48 pm

But using the Universal Access section is so much easier to do and there are 4 sizes of cursor to choose from. :D

kay-dee

Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:42:09 pm

So where is this Universal Access Section?
Katie :-)

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:41:53 pm

Click on the left arrow to get to the main menu of Settings - there you will find Universal Access:

Universal Access Pointer size.jpg

star treker

Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:02:39 am

One of the improvements that needs to be made to Linux distro's, is that everything regarding keyboard and mouse, needs to be found under keyboard and mouse. We shouldn't have to jump through a ton of hoops to make the changes that we want. You also can't change your cursor style under mouse settings either. Changing appearance and styles throughout the OS is done in a few places as well, its kind of crazy to be honest.

The truth is, the more streamlined we can make Linux distro's, the more Windows users will like them, and thus more likely to switch to Linux as their daily driver. I can't wait for the day when Microsoft runs off with their tail between their legs in fear of Linux becoming one of the dominate OS's for home desktops and notebooks lol. :D

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:19:45 pm

The reality is Linux has been used in Windows since 7 - they just don't want us to know that. ;)

kay-dee

Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:32:42 pm

Sorry star treker... "easy" wins. But really, thank you.
And Swarf... Oh, the Settings in the Menu. Duh... I get it and it was "easy" thank you. Confusing, but easy...
Much thanks to the both of you,
Katie

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:43:06 pm

Hi Katie,

Yes the settings menu used in Zorin 15 was first used by Fedora 27 Workstation, community version of Red Hat Linux. ;) :D

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2154&p=63630&hilit=fedora#p63630