This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 15 Lite Cannot Create Any Partitions

Drako

Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:14:24 am

I had to create an account to get some help. I think my issue is very specific. Here are the details

I'm trying to install Zorin OS 15 Lite on my Toshiba 16GB USB. I'm able to get the ISO working and boot into Zorin, but I can't actually install.

The laptop I'm using has a 160GB HDD, that's all.

Now, when I get into the part of the installation where I create my partition, I keep getting this error. I've tried everything I could to get a partition working.

"Failed to create swap space"

I've been troubleshooting for days.

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:13:09 pm

Can we be perfectly clear here. Are you trying to install TO USB thumb drive or trying to install FROM USB thumb drive. ;) :D

Drako

Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:49:40 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Can we be perfectly clear here. Are you trying to install TO USB thumb drive or trying to install FROM USB thumb drive. ;) :D

Oh sorry! I'm trying to install TO my USB.

Aravisian

Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:12:11 am

Drako wrote:
Swarfendor437 wrote:Can we be perfectly clear here. Are you trying to install TO USB thumb drive or trying to install FROM USB thumb drive. ;) :D

I would use a 32gig stick or maybe a 64 gig stick for that. My Home Folder can get over 10 gigs. You want some cushion.
At 16gigs for the USB, you wouldn't have room for swap.
Futher, you'll deal with Bottleneck at the usb port, slowing down performance a lot- though I suspect you know this already.

Drako

Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:38:29 am

Aravisian wrote:
Drako wrote:

I would use a 32gig stick or maybe a 64 gig stick for that. My Home Folder can get over 10 gigs. You want some cushion.
At 16gigs for the USB, you wouldn't have room for swap.
Futher, you'll deal with Bottleneck at the usb port, slowing down performance a lot- though I suspect you know this already.

Alright. I'll try using GParted for the partitions real quick. If that doesn't work I'll order a 64GB stick.

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:17:37 pm

I'd take Aravisian's advice, there's not much he doesn't know, and we are all on a learning path. ;) :D