This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

having trouble connecting with my canon network printer

KenW

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:55:32 pm

Hi, forgive my lack of knowledge but I am having a spot of bother in trying to get zorin 15.1 to connect with my canon Pixma MG4150 printer. I have tried several times in settings, the printer shows on the screen, I press forward, it seems to be going fine then I press forward the last time and I get this message:
Cups server error. There was an error during the cups operation; 'server-error-internal-error.

That is exactly how it is written. I have searched on various sites for an answer but, nothing has worked. If anyone can help I would be very grateful. But please be gentle with me my knowledge of the terminology I have seen is very limited and I am afraid that you will have to lead me very slowly and in plain english through the process.

Sorry to be a pain. but I am just starting on my journey in Linux.

Many thanks in advance

Kenw

Aravisian

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:08:03 pm

No one is a pain when starting a journey. Those that try to halt that journey can be a pain, though.

I just tried looking up your error and got a lot of hits on it, too. Could you first make a brief list of what you have tried so far?

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:01:39 pm

Hi, Let's start from scratch, remove your printer in Printers and then follow my guide to install Canon printer here:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... 5N9JMCkxek

This was written for another Forum member - just replace TS8050 with your model and follow the instructions.

For your scanning bit:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... cxbflRU4p7

Again, replace TS8050 with MG4150.

;) :D

KenW

Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:42:06 pm

Many thanks Aravisian for your kind words, they made me feel a lot better. To be honest I could not remember what I had tried so I went with Swarfendor437's help.
This worked, the printer will now print a document from libre office writer. couldn't get a test page in settings though, still it now works and I am happy with that. I will tackle the scanner side of things in the next few days. So thank you very much Swarendor437. To both of you guys thank you very much

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:39:00 pm

HI, if Inkjet levels of your cartridges not showing follow my guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15413