This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] I Messed It Up!

JohnLion

Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:11:52 pm

I am running Zorin OS 15.1 Core. The other day I got some crazy idea to install Ubuntu Budgie desktop on top of my Zorin OS. I rebooted, logged into budgie and didnt really like it so I logged out, logged back into my normal Zorin OS desktop. I then uninstalled the budgie desktop. Everything works fine in Zorin like always EXCEPT Im now missing my activities stuff on the task bar. Stuff like dropbox, telegram, skype and other activities. Ive tried checking Settings > Zorin Appearance, and even install gnome tweak to see if there are any settings there. Nothing I can see.

Is there any way to get my activities to appear again?

Thank you!

Aravisian

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:15:43 pm

JohnLion wrote:I am running Zorin OS 15.1 Core. The other day I got some crazy idea to install Ubuntu Budgie desktop on top of my Zorin OS. I rebooted, logged into budgie and didnt really like it so I logged out, logged back into my normal Zorin OS desktop. I then uninstalled the budgie desktop. Everything works fine in Zorin like always EXCEPT Im now missing my activities stuff on the task bar. Stuff like dropbox, telegram, skype and other activities. Ive tried checking Settings > Zorin Appearance, and even install gnome tweak to see if there are any settings there. Nothing I can see.

Is there any way to get my activities to appear again?

Thank you!

Can you add the items missing from panel back to the panel? Or are those items missing entirely from your apps menu, as well?

JohnLion

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:26:15 pm

I can add/remove apps to the task bar (favorites). And I can see the app running on my taskbar, but not in the activities section to the left of the date/time.

Aravisian

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:41:00 pm

JohnLion wrote:I can add/remove apps to the task bar (favorites). And I can see the app running on my taskbar, but not in the activities section to the left of the date/time.

Ok, so you are saying that Activities Overview is missing?

JohnLion

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:02:31 pm

I think thats what it is called, yes.

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:08:06 pm

Hi, Does activities overview option show up in Zorin Appearance?:

Activities.jpg

JohnLion

Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:56:32 pm

I enabled it again but it did nothing. I left it enabled and just rebooted and everything works now! THANK YOU!