This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

HELP!

noobz

Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:14:44 am

Earlier I logout of my computer to check out the look changer thing. I notice at the bottom that there was a box that said "gnome classic" i click on the little tab and change the option to "user custom" thinking that it would make me able to custom my panel since ever freakin time i try to remove some thing a group of icons disappear.
I can't go to the start menu or even click on any icons for that matter. Also I tried the shortcut key they don't even work please help!!!!!!!

Wolfman

Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:02:28 am

Hi,

if you can log yourself out and get to the login screen, you can click on the dropdown menu and change the default back to what you had before!!.

If you click on delete this object in the panel, it takes out an entire group of objects from the panel, right click on the panel and then add, you can select what items you what to add back from there.

You cannot un-pin an individual item per se!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

noobz

Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:53:44 am

i can't log myself out that's the problem!!!

what are the methods of logout?

madvinegar

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:39:30 pm

Press ctrl+alt+del and chose log-out.

Or press Alt+F2 and then write look-changer.
Then change the look back to gnome.

Wolfman

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:38:12 pm

http://askubuntu.com/questions/69114/ho ... e-keyboard

Above is a link about how to create a log out prompt of your own!!.

You cannot log out using Crtl + Alt+ Del, it only gives you shutdown, restart; suspend and hibernate!!.

If you can get to the Control Center > Sytem > Login screen and unlock it, then select your default and save your default desktop!!.

If you cannot start the Control Center via the menu, press Alt + F2 and type "gnome-control-center" and that will start the Control Center in GUI mode!!.

See the attached pic!!.

You can also add a logout icon to the panel by right clicking and add to panel; then select the logout icon!!.

Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-1.png (502.58 KiB)

madvinegar

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:42:59 pm

Wolfman wrote:You cannot log out using Crtl + Alt+ Del, it only gives you shutdown, restart; suspend and hibernate!!.

True. Sorry for that. The combination "ctrl+alt+del" is named as "Log out" in keyboard shortcuts and this confused me. :roll:

Wolfman

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:04:38 am

madvinegar wrote:
Wolfman wrote:You cannot log out using Crtl + Alt+ Del, it only gives you shutdown, restart; suspend and hibernate!!.

True. Sorry for that. The combination "ctrl+alt+del" is named as "Log out" in keyboard shortcuts and this confused me. :roll:

Hi MV,

I think that may be down to the difference between American and British English, who knows!! :D :D

todoes

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:34:19 am

In gnome, execute "gnome-session-save --kill --force-logout" in terminal
1. Kill user applications
2. Logout without display

I need script in Zorin-OS

thanks for advanced
-----EDIT
I found one solution:
#!bin/bash
sleep 30m