This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Screen switching off [SOLVED]

BonusBrain

Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:58:57 pm

I installed 15.1 Lite on both a desktop PC and laptop and no matter what I do with the power and screensaver settings I cannot stop the screen switching off after a few minutes. I hope someone can give me a clue otherwise I'll have to use something else.

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:04:02 pm

Hi, Please wait for Aravisian as he is the expert on Lite. ;) :D

Aravisian

Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:39:01 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, Please wait for Aravisian as he is the expert on Lite. ;) :D

I would hardly make that claim...
BonusBrain wrote:I installed 15.1 Lite on both a desktop PC and laptop and no matter what I do with the power and screensaver settings I cannot stop the screen switching off after a few minutes. I hope someone can give me a clue otherwise I'll have to use something else.

In terminal, please enter:
Code:
sudo xset s 0 0

star treker

Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:13:47 pm

Aravisian = To boldly go into awesome philosophical discoveries beyond imagination. :D

BonusBrain, nice to meet someone from Starfleet command, are you new?

I'm Star Treker, Starfleet intelligence at your service. :D

Without a doubt, your Zorin 15 installation was winking out, I hate it when they do that. Hopefully Aravisian's commands will be able to correct the issue for you. 8-)

BonusBrain

Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:15:41 pm

Aravisian wrote:
Swarfendor437 wrote:
Code:
sudo xset s 0 0

Many thanks - that fixed it!

star treker

Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:28:51 pm

!!!YAY!!! :D !!!WOOHOO!!!

Aravisian

Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:29:55 pm

BonusBrain wrote:
Aravisian wrote:
Swarfendor437 wrote:
Code:
sudo xset s 0 0

Many thanks - that fixed it!

Oh... well... I guess I AM the expert.

To clarify, BonusBrain, the culprit was xscreensaver. That command sets its timeout (to zero, clearly...)