This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

error message stopping boot to desktop

freddyhep

Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:45:56 am

Hello Folks
I`m brand new to the Zorin OS and when I tried to burn a disc in Brasero burning software my laptop crashed,when I booted up I got the Zorin screen and then the error message (see Attachment) which stops the desktop screen from loading, I removed the Brasero App,thinking that would cure the problem .(It Did`nt) how do I get rid of the said file/message Please Help
Having said that I`m totally blown away with high speed performance of my 5 year old Lenova laptop :D
freddyhep

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:03:57 pm

Having done a quick search it may have been caused by burning at too high a speed? If you are a standard user you may not have rights to burn? I would backup any critical data you have, create a new account for yourself with a number after it and make sure new user is set as adminstrator, then login as new admin user and delete old account. A word of advice, never right-click an .iso and choose 'burn with Brasero' - you will be on the way to make a coaster for your mug of coffee! Always open Brasero first, then choose the .iso to burn. ;) :D

freddyhep

Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:33:18 pm

thanks for prompt reply,Tried to backup it says install duplicity but got this message (E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem. ) i don`t know what to do

carmar

Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:08:37 pm

Not sure if this will do it: https://www.poftut.com/dpkg-error-dpkg- ... -solution/

Code:
$ sudo dpkg --configure -a

freddyhep

Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:29:58 pm

thank you, friend that`s done the trick

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:27:18 pm

If you can't get to terminal from desktop (can't login) then choose Advanced boot mode, Safe Graphics mode then from the menu choose the enable network (need to be connected to internet), then start the prompt with root privileges and then enter the command carmar told you. ;) :D