This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Zorin Plex access media on another HDD

ChrisA

Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:42:17 am

Hi
I have Zorin installed on one hard drive with Plex installed from the software panel, I have my media on a seperate internal HDD but i can't seem to access or even find the hard drive when I go to add a folder from the library? Is there something I need to do so Plex can see other hard drives in the computer?

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:44:26 am

Don't know if this could be the issue or not:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15437&p=70040&hilit=plex#p70004

You could always PM Finston Pickle for advice as I don't use such an application. I would deem Finston to be the expert when it comes to Plex issues. ;) :D

ChrisA

Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:51:45 am

Thanks for the reply. My Plex seems to be working unlike the persons in the other link, I just can't access the media from the second internal drive.

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:56:25 am

Hopefully this Mint thread might shed some light:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=166395

ChrisA

Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:26:26 am

Thanks for the link, I am a complete NOOB. I dont know what fstab is or changing the UUID is? I am installed this OS because it said it was like windows, I need a complete idiots guide on how to access the second internal drive
Thanks
Chris

ChrisA

Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:39:25 am

OK I got it working.

I had a look at the file structure and saw that the Media folder had a big X on it so that gave my the impression it was locked down, I could see my media files from /media/media/Internal drive but the first media folder was blocking access.

I used the sudo chmod 777 /media/media and that unlocked that folder and now plex can access it

Thanks
Chris

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:14:30 am

Hi, Glad you are sorted friend. And thanks for sharing your solution. ;) :D