This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

how can I make window frame thinner/elegant?

voltairea

Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:07:04 am

most application has a terrible frame appearance if I use them with default settings. for example this one:
but I can make it elegant by changing settings and it becomes like this:
question one: Is there any way to force applications to be like this without adjusting settings one by one. because there are a lot of programs and it takes time to find proper settings for all of them.
And some programs don't have an option to fix this frame issue. for example VMware workstation:
question two: how can I fix those programs' frame issues if they don't have any settings?

Aravisian

Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:24:55 am

You might try hitting ctrl+h while in your home folder, then navigating to /.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
If gtk.css does not exist, you can just create it.
Paste the following into it:
Code:
headerbar,
.titlebar:not(headerbar) {
  min-height: 22px;
  max-height: 28px;
}
  headerbar.selection-mode,
  .selection-mode.titlebar:not(headerbar) {
}

.titlebar {
}

decoration {
}

decoration:backdrop {
}

Adjust all the values of (Where I put 22px and 28px) as desired. Please let us know if this works or not.

voltairea

Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:35:25 pm

Aravisian wrote:You might try hitting ctrl+h while in your home folder, then navigating to /.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
If gtk.css does not exist, you can just create it.
Paste the following into it:
Adjust all the values of (Where I put 22px and 28px) as desired. Please let us know if this works or not.

I did it but nothing has changed. I guess It doesn't effect anything

Aravisian

Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:17:21 am

Odd... Give me a bit of time to load up a Test version of Zorin 15 Core and let me see what's going on.
I run Lite (XFCE, not Gnome) normally.)

Aravisian

Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:04:22 am

Aravisian wrote:Odd... Give me a bit of time to load up a Test version of Zorin 15 Core and let me see what's going on.

Very odd. I just tried this in several distros and all worked- Except Zorin 15. I have no idea why.
I went ahead and looked up tips online and got the same answer I gave above.

And Stranger Still... My Azenis theme uses the above tips and IT decreases the headerbar height on Gnome on Zorin 15.
But placing it in .config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css does nothing, each time. I am at a loss.

voltairea

Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:44:14 am

Aravisian wrote:
Aravisian wrote:Odd... Give me a bit of time to load up a Test version of Zorin 15 Core and let me see what's going on.

Very odd. I just tried this in several distros and all worked- Except Zorin 15. I have no idea why.

And Stranger Still... My Azenis theme uses the above tips and IT decreases the headerbar height on Gnome on Zorin 15.
But placing it in .config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css does nothing, each time. I am at a loss.

I see. Zorin has a very special GUI design. Probably Zorin interface uses a different CSS file than the default one(gtk-3.0/gtk.css)

Aravisian

Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:22:16 pm

voltairea wrote:
Aravisian wrote:

I see. Zorin has a very special GUI design. Probably Zorin interface uses a different CSS file than the default one(gtk-3.0/gtk.css)

It uses it's own, just as any theme does... But I do not think it could effect what we are testing here. The likeliest probability is that I missed something somewhere.