This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED - PICNIC] Double-Spacing in Forums

wvdave99

Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:26:21 pm

OK, before I ask for help. I love Zorin. I am running 15.1 Lite on an old Vista 32bit system. This old laptop has new life again.

That said, I am having an issue when I post in forums such as this. I press enter to start a new line. Before I submit the post, the spacing between lines is single spaced. When I submit, the post comes out as double-spaced.

I had this same problem on another flavor of Linux before I found Zorin, but I for the life of me cannot remember what I did to fix it. I do remember that is was as simple as turning off the paragraph feature in a menu somewhere, but I cannot remember how to find that menu.

Maybe it's a Firefox thing and not a Zorin thing?

Anyway, I searched the Zorin forums for the words doublespace and doublespacing and found no results. I was hoping someone could jog my memory and help with this pesky little problem.

To the developers of Zorin, thank you for your efforts. Once I get settled I'll definitely be making a donation.

wvdave99

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:20:29 pm

Hmmm, it didn't double-space here. Perhaps it's a VBulletin issue?

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:31:31 pm

Sticky return key? Accessibility options? ;) :D

wvdave99

Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:08:32 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Sticky return key? Accessibility options? ;) :D
I'm kind of new to Linux, so I wouldn't rule anything out. :)

But I did change a setting when I was using Sparky to solve this issue. It was a paragraph setting. I just can't remember how to find that menu. People were having a similar problem with Thunderbird. The pic shows how to resolve it in Thunderbird.

wvdave99

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:15:58 pm

Found the problem. It was a vBulletin thing. I changed my editor settings from WYSIWYG to standard editor and problem solved.

No more double-spacing