This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Screenshot not working in Zorin OS 15.2

pseptiawan_

Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:36:50 am

Hello everyone, i am new in this forum.
in my laptop, the screenshot feature doesn't function properly. when i press once, it didn't get anything in my screen, if i press the button one more time, i will log out from my session, like it has been restart. is there anyway to fix this?

star treker

Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:25:01 pm

Thats strange!

The only two things I can think of is, make sure that Gnome screenshot is installed...

And make sure that the print screen button is associated with taking a screenshot...

Good luck

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:38:02 pm

There is actually a better screenshot application than the standard one - shutter - it's in the Software 'channel':

Shutter in Software.jpg

carmar

Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:38:17 pm

I had Screenshot stop working on me at one point (not as extreme as logging me out, just wouldn't do anything). I also had GIMP image editor not allow selection of an area (can't recall if it was around the exact same time range). I tend to use the two in tandem. Days later, they were working again. Sorry I can't offer more than that since I left them alone and didn't bother troubleshooting.
I'm guessing try removing Screenshot and reinstalling using Synaptic (if it even allows that).

star treker

Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:53:11 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:There is actually a better screenshot application than the standard one - shutter - it's in the Software 'channel':

Shutter in Software.jpg

I might have to look into that at some point. Is there a reason why you feel that it is better? Does it allow you more options? Smoother better looking interface? Hopefully it uses the print screen button. 8-)

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:11:39 pm

Hi star treker, It has a nice, almost photo gallery type organiser. Shift and prt sc should work on any system - it's just a case of looking where it puts it (should be in /home I think) not tried in some time. Had no issues with gnome screenshot, but Shutter has a lot more going for it (preferences can be set to save screenshot in desired format so that all future screenshots are the same (preferably .jpg over .png) True you can just change the file extension before saving to do this but so much easier to set and forget. Spectacle on KDE has even more bells and whisltes. ;) :D

pseptiawan_

Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:10:14 am

Thank you for all your suggestion. i decided to use shutter for screenshot now. thanks for your advice all