This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Foobar and scrobbling to Lastfm

rusofil

Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:02:51 pm

Hi.

I'm new to this system and I never used any version/distribution of Linux before. Lately I gave up on using Windows as I can't use Win 7 anymore and I appeared to have a problem.
Is there a working way to make Foobar wine scrobble to Lastfm? Foobar works fine, but I can't make it scrobble. I installed a Lastfm scrobbler through Play on Linux and I connected to my Lastfm account but it doesn't work. Lastfm scrobbler window appeared, but playing music from Foobar didn't make it scrobble so I quit Foobar and quit Lastfm to restart these applications. But now folder in which Lastfm was installed is empty. I can't find enough information on this problem.

I even though on using another music player but I checked many and none has Sorting library by folder structure which is essential to me, without that feature another programs are useless to me. Is there really no other application exclusively for Linux that does that? Applications I checked have no problems with scrobbling though so if there's a program that scrobbles and has folder structure sorting, let me know. I can switch from Foobar to another one.

Scrobbling is important to me as I like to keep my stats. So, please, give me some advice on this topic.

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:35:29 am

Hopefully this will help (Spotify for Linux is available in Software):

https://www.sidify.com/guide/scrobble-s ... st-fm.html