This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Software Updater

tld6008

Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:01:50 pm

The Software Updater that pops up every once in a while (I'm using Zorin 15 core) has an option that says Add or Remove. Many recommended software items I don't want to add but I can't remove them. I can uncheck them but they just keep being offered the next time I look at the updater.

Any suggestions?

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:49:31 pm

As far as I can tell this is the only way:

https://www.tecmint.com/disable-lock-bl ... ebian-apt/

tld6008

Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:09:47 am

So this is something that just doesn't work in Zorin?
I do want to get the updates that seem relevant but updating may things i.e., arabic or chinese language packages don't seem necessary,

Aravisian

Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:44:19 am

tld6008 wrote:So this is something that just doesn't work in Zorin?
I do want to get the updates that seem relevant but updating may things i.e., arabic or chinese language packages don't seem necessary,

I recall that another member of the board had the same complaint and after a while, posted a solution. But I do not recall the exact solution. I think this was back in November or so of 2019... I am not sure. But will try searching for it and post back if I find anything.

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:16:52 pm

The solution is:

Synaptic package manager

Search: Language Packs - this will pick up all surplus c**p that Firefox and LibreOffice installs - just mark all non-native Language packs for these apps for removal then hit the Apply button - problem solved - something else to add to the manual methinks! :?