This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Problems with mail clients

rusofil

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:13:13 pm

Hi.

Because lately I'm trying to switch from Windows to Linux, I also had to find something to replace my Mailbird which, on Windows, works flawlessly for me. But, whatever I install on Linux, almost nothing works. I tried Evolution, Kmail, Geary, Mailspring, Thunderbird and I'm sure there's others, but they don't work properly for me. They don't display notifications. This is the most important feature to me (except being able to add many accounts) so they're useless to me. Obviously, I tried Wine installed Mailbird but, because I have to start it from Play on Linux manually, it won't give me any notifications too. I added my accounts in system settings and they stay there but it doesn't do anything at all. Mailspring gave me some delayed notifications when I added my account and that's all. Also, Mailspring ignores my query to add multiple accounts (3 Gmail and 1 Hotmail). Basic version allows up to 4 accounts so that's something else. I added one of my Gmail account by allowing access on official Gmail page, and also I was lucky enough to add my second account. But, what aboot my third Gmail account and my Hotmail account, it completely ignores me. I verify my accounts through their official pages and it looks like Mailspring is going to add them but that's all. They don't appear in the program. I tried it multiple times but that's it. It doesn't work. Thunderbird works *almost flawlessly* except giving me notifications. I can add as many accounts to it as I wish but without notifications it's useless nonetheless. Kmail, Geary, Evolution, they all let me add my accounts but no notifications are shown. I hate manually checking mail so it's essential to me to have these darn notifications. As a person who's completely new to Linux, it's completely frustrating. None of the scarce information I found in Google works for me. What is it? What may be causing my problems? Please, if you give me some information, let it be step-by-step.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:11:16 am