This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Clementine and external storage disks

rusofil

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:14:18 am

Dear users, I found out that Clementine music player is perfect to me, it scrobbles to Lastfm, which I needed, and has a library that consists on folder structure. But it can't manage my external storage which I use for music. I thought it may not have this option but then I reminded that when I plugged my storage to Apple with iOS and it had problems with it too. It seems I would have to format it using iOS to make it work properly with it. So, may the same problem be with Linux? I'm sure it *may* consist on something else than NTFS (which my external storage consists on). If I format it using Linux, may it be visible for music players? I know that it's something about my external disk because when I copied some of my music to computer's internal memory, Clementine detected these files. I tried to Google that problem but I didn't find my answer. I can't copy all my music to internal memory, because there's too much.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:17:13 am

Hi would advise making contact using the links on this page:

https://www.clementine-player.org/participate