This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Issues with Discord & Zorin appandicator extension

GeneralTom

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:36:41 am

Hi everyone,

I've been using Zorin OS 15.2 for almost two weeks now. Everything has been running great for me except for Discord. I noticed that the entire desktop environment would stutter/freeze for half a second every single time my microphone would activate and deactivate. I looked at the syslog to see if any error messages were being printed, and I found:

Mar 21 19:40:02 thomas-desktop gnome-shell[4586]: [AppIndicatorSupport-FATAL] unable to update icon
Mar 21 19:40:02 thomas-desktop gnome-shell[4586]: [AppIndicatorSupport-FATAL] unable to update icon
Mar 21 19:40:02 thomas-desktop gnome-shell[4586]: [AppIndicatorSupport-FATAL] unable to update overlay icon

These messages would be spammed to the syslog. Disabling the appindicator extension stopped the stutter. I suspect that Discord is trying to update the tray icon to a different image when I am speaking, but the appindicator extension isn't handling the action properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Tom