This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin rules!

carmar

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:49:38 pm

I use dual monitors at work (and of course, I'm forced to use Windows 10). In less than a year I've had problems twice with extended display not working.

In contrast, I bought a HDMI cable for my wife's laptop, plugged-in the external monitor, fired up the laptop. Zorin immediately extended the display without requiring any input from me.

I made sure to repeat several times to my wife why Linux is so much better. :P

TouchOdeath

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32:47 pm

I second that, Zorin is super awesome! I'm shocked how far its come since 12.4. I'm not a forum moderator, I'm just a peasant here. Having said that, this should be posted in a different section other than Help and support. Glad your excited for Zorin cause so am I :)!

star treker

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:27:23 am

Yeah its more of a feedback post, but a good one! Its really great to hear that you had success with Zorin automatically extending displays. I too find its versatility great, as I was forced to get a new TV last year, and Zorin automatically detected the new display, and without any direction from me, piped the 1080P resolution at 60 hertz to the TV without issue.

Aravisian

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:27:06 pm

I have never had any trouble with displays on Zorin, whether Core or Lite. I have, on rare occasion, seen questions posted by people who did.
Any Distro and any OS can run into conflicts making something not work. But my experiences with Zorin compared to other distros is that in Zorin, the vast majority of things - Just- Work.
I would have thought I would start out with Zorin and then move on to another Distro, like Arch, when I gained experience. And I have tried...
But things work better in Zorin for one and for two, with Zorin I have as much adaptability when using it as a Base System, that I can essentially turn Zorin into another Distro with better results.
For example, I am running now with Zorin Lite Cinnamon Desktop Installed, and it outperforms Linux Mint- Hands Down.
Where Mint bogs down after a while, Zorin does not.