This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Panel items removed, can't restore

jcinpv

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:45:22 am

I installed Zorin Ultimate on my Gateway NV52 laptop and switched to the Mac OS X desktop. Really nice!
I noticed that there was a mail icon in the top panel on the right side.
I right-clicked on it and selected Delete.
Everything in the upper right of the panel disappeared.
I can't figure out how to restore what I want in the panel (properties was no help), but I did manage to put the clock and power button up there.
How do I restore things like the battery indicator, the ethernet indicatore, my login name, etc?
Regarding the power indicator, I have "Always display an icon" selected in Power Management Preferences. Still doesn't show.

madvinegar

Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:15:21 am

Try changing the look again through "look changer" i.e. to win7 look, (log-off and on etc) and then back to the Mac OSX theme (again log-off and on).

Wolfman

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24:07 am

Hi,

most of the objects on the right side of the panel are grouped, if you delete one, you delete all. Click on the panel with a right click and then on "add to panel", you can select various objects and menus from the list.

I think that "Indicator Applet Complete" is the one you want!!. You can try a few out and see what happens!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:34:41 pm

Or open a terminal and write:

Code:
killall gnome-panel

and see if everything will be restored after the bar disappears/appears.