This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Help me, questions 1 - 2.

ktdf

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:16:14 am

Questions help:
1, What is "Try or install Zorin OS (Safe Graphics)"?
2, How to dual boot Windows 10 (my main) and Zorin OS on my disk?
Okay, you tell me please.

Thank you,
-ktdf (sorry my english is too bad).

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:28:40 am

1. Safe Graphics is used in case there are issues with the graphics card not being compatible with the OS in live mode using the standard drivers - you only need to use this if when trying the default option there is a major issue with your graphics card and Zorin.

2. Dual-booting with Windows 10. This will depend on whether your Windows 10 machine is using standard partitioning as was the case prior to EFI based windows systems or GPT. If standard method, there can only ever be 4 primary partitions so if your machine came with 10 on it it will already have the following 4 partitions.
a. System partition (where all the hardware drivers are stored for recovery)
b. Windows Partition (C:\)
c. System restore partition.
d. Media restoration creator (HP)

Before we go any further we need details of your make and model of machine.

Translation:
1. aman Graphics digunakan dalam kasus ada masalah dengan kartu grafis tidak kompatibel dengan OS dalam mode hidup menggunakan driver standar-Anda hanya perlu menggunakan ini jika ketika mencoba pilihan default ada masalah besar dengan kartu grafis Anda dan Zorin.

2. dual-boot dengan Windows 10. Ini akan tergantung pada Apakah Windows Anda 10 mesin menggunakan partisi standar seperti yang terjadi sebelum EFI berbasis sistem Windows atau GPT. Jika metode standar, ada hanya bisa ada 4 partisi utama jadi jika mesin Anda datang dengan 10 di atasnya sudah akan memiliki 4 partisi berikut.
a. sistem partisi (di mana semua driver perangkat keras disimpan untuk pemulihan)
b. partisi Windows (C:)
c. partisi system restore.
d. pembuat restorasi media (HP)

Sebelum kita melangkah lebih jauh kita perlu rincian membuat Anda dan model mesin.