This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Help with Plex please

futurama2002

Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:38:54 am

Hi Guys,
This weekend I made the jump to Zorin on my old laptop just to try it out, i like it and I'd like to use it as a plex server.
Here is my set up.
I have a WD Mycloud NAS which is where my media files are stored. This is connected to my router dierectly with an ethernet cable.
My laptop is connected via wifi and Zorin can see the contents of the NAS not problem.
My issue arises when I try to add the folders of th NAS into plex, it simply can't see them.
I'm aware I have to do some sort of mapping or mounting of the NAS folders to a local folder (unless I've completely misunderstood what I've read)
But I've tried following 3 different guides in the last 2 days without succes, perhaps I'm not googling the right thing here, but would anyone be kind enough t help me out with my specific issue?

Thanks

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:46:10 pm

I would PM Finston Pickle unless he comes on here first. He uses Plex and Zorin. ;) :D

futurama2002

Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:17:21 pm

so, i got it working like this

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=```my user name``` //```ip and location of foldeer on my nas``` /media/MOVIES

and now plex can read the /media/movies folder.
works like a charm.

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:55:29 pm

Yay! Well done! ;) :D

Will mark as [RESOLVED]. :D

Finston Pickle

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:16:20 pm

Phew! - glad that the Plex issue was resolved.

That set up was way out of my league - I have everything on one laptop.