This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

no full screen for movies

jarp53

Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:29:43 am

GA-Z68X-UD3H-U3 ---I7 2600K---16 gb memory---Gforce 770 Gtx---Zorin 15.2
if I try to watch a movie in full screen all I get is about 3/4 of screen from the top left corner down and over, the first time I try to fix it with the proprietary nvidia drivers, that did not work so I switch back the the 440 open source drivers and did a restart but at boot time the screen went black and did not recover after several tries so I had no choice but to reinstall , but still have the same problem and the drivers now are the 440 open source, what can I try next?

Aravisian

Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:46:45 am

Will the information in this thread be helpful?:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... on-tv-an-/

jarp53

Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:24:47 am

no I see a lot of people with the same problem but no solution

jarp53

Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:18:03 am

I uninstall the nvidia drivers, and use the Xorg one, how ever the problem continue , went to nvidia to downloaded the driver specifically for my GPU and it was the 440 that is already in software updater so I re install it and restart, the only good thing was that I did not get a black screen , but still no full screen, the only other input I have is that I have now try just about every distro in distrowatch top ten , and this the only OS with that problem ; please fix it , I really like this one.

Swarfendor437

Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:18:56 pm

What application are you using to watch your movie? If I am in Firefox and watching Netflix I get no such issue.