This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] usb not booting ul

quenyan

Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:11:24 am

currently i have Ubuntu mate installed on my laptop, but i am interested in installing zorin. i have Dell inspiron 3452 laptop, i created the usb drive with dd command, upon booting up press f12 to boot the usb, after sellecting the usb, the laptop blink several times and boot into Mate. any idea?

Swarfendor437

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:35:32 pm

Use MultiSystem - Format your USB stick to FAT32, then install this:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13887&hilit=+multisystem.tar.bz

Tutorial video here:

https://vimeo.com/manage/104187694/general

Then make sure you change the BIOS to boot from USB - you may need to disable EFI. ;) :D

quenyan

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:55:00 am

the vimeo link looks not right, my BIOS is on legacy mode, never user EFI before.

quenyan

Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:32:25 am

i got error running multisystem.. error:do you have write permission in this folder? I already set write permission using chmod.. its a very unpolished piece of software, cam i use other usb maker like unetbootin or rufus?

quenyan

Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:47:06 am

quenyan wrote:i got error running multisystem.. error:do you have write permission in this folder? I already set write permission using chmod.. its a very unpolished piece of software, cam i use other usb maker like unetbootin or rufus?

I found the better alternative of multisystem, in fact it might be the Best one ever, its called MultiBootUSB, i think its the upgraded version of multisystem. it even has emulation of booting iso file without even restarting a pc, it ran just fine. now I have zorinos on my laptop, replacing the MATE.

Swarfendor437

Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:07:53 pm

Glad you got sorted - I don't have any issues with MultiSystem - apart from Qemu and VB not working in it - other than that have had no issues - having visited the GitHub page of MultiBootUSB there seem to be quite a number of bugs in it. ;) :D