This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Problems in gEdit

white stone

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:11:22 pm

Things were going great. Doing much work on some web pages using gEdit. Then it started messing up. It will open the files and display them with no problem but if I click anywhere to edit, lines vanish and the cursor jumps to another spot. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have the same issue. I had to switch to running Mint 11 as a result.

My husband is still running Zorin and I would prefer to be doing so, also. Can anyone explain what is wrong and how to fix it? I am not used to programs bugging out without a reason.

Thanks,
white stone

Wolfman

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:15:54 pm

Hi WS,

did you update your system fully and do you have the graphic card drivers installed??.

When you start the PC; go to recovery mode and run "dpkg" and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards Wolfman :D

white stone

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:14:02 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi WS,
When you start the PC; go to recovery mode and run "dpkg" and see if that fixes the problem.

Hello Wolfman,

Did as you suggested, things seem to be 'fixed.' It was too late last night when I did that to do much checking out but on 1st inspection there was none of the odd behaviour.

Appreciate your reply and I will file this lesson away for future reference. Never understood why that 'recovery mode' option was in the boot menu.

Thank You,
White Stone

white stone

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:26:27 am

Yes, that 'fixed' my issues with gEdit. Just wanted to report it Solved.

Kind regards,
WS

Wolfman

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:38:20 am

white stone wrote:Yes, that 'fixed' my issues with gEdit. Just wanted to report it Solved.

Kind regards,
WS

Hi WS,

glad to hear it :D

Regards Wolfman :D