This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Downloaid Windows Driver on Zorin

Stanko1

Wed May 06, 2020 7:08:10 pm

Is it possible for me to download a windows driver on a drive that has zorin (the one I'm using now)
to upload back onto another drive that has my old windows 7 via a portable hard drive?

I need to connect my tv to the windows drive and it won't recognize it without the driver.

Many thanks in advance.

Swarfendor437

Wed May 06, 2020 10:20:39 pm

Provided your Windows 7 drive did not freeze or crash before last turn off you should be able to do that easily. All modern Linux distributions come with NTFS-3g to read and write to NTFS drives. ;) :D

carmar

Wed May 06, 2020 11:58:00 pm

On my dual boot desktop, I regularly place files/grab files to/from the Win 7 OS drive while booted in Linux. And I love even more that Windows can't read my Linux drive. One more way to be safe from Microsoft's mess. :D

iPhones can also be read by Zorin without requiring even the passcode input on the phone - at least until Apple decided to force updates on my phone without my permission.

Swarfendor437

Thu May 07, 2020 8:34:08 am

carmar wrote:On my dual boot desktop, I regularly place files/grab files to/from the Win 7 OS drive while booted in Linux. And I love even more that Windows can't read my Linux drive. One more way to be safe from Microsoft's mess. :D

iPhones can also be read by Zorin without requiring even the passcode input on the phone - at least until Apple decided to force updates on my phone without my permission.

That's because they don't want anything on there - Zorin 10 was great for accessing i-Pads at work until they upgraded iOS!

Stanko1

Sat May 09, 2020 8:07:21 am

Thanks guys.

Just wondering if anyone would know if this would be safe to put on Zorin first then transfer over to Windows 7.

https://www.nv-drivers.eu/download-driv ... d-147.html

Many thanks in advance.

Swarfendor437

Sat May 09, 2020 8:40:43 pm

Stanko1 wrote:Thanks guys.

Just wondering if anyone would know if this would be safe to put on Zorin first then transfer over to Windows 7.

https://www.nv-drivers.eu/download-driv ... d-147.html

Many thanks in advance.

Can't find any reviews about this site. Appreciate that nVidia will no longer provide Windows 7 drivers. Have you tried the vendor's site of your card manufacturer? ;) :D