This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

WIFI not working on Zorin OS 15.2 lite

MasterMynk

Sun May 10, 2020 1:41:32 pm

So I want to start by saying --> I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but if it isn't I'm really sorry. And also this is my first time asking a question on any forum so if I say anything I'm not supposed to I'm sorry.

Up till a few days ago I had no problem with Zorin OS lite. Everything was working fine until somedays ago there were 2 wifi icons on my panel so I right clicked on one of them --> properties --> hide icons and then clicked ok for hide network manager(I think it was called that). After that I had only 1 wifi icon.

A few days later when I turn on my laptop in the morning and in the termnal type sudo apt update I get all errors because my laptop is not connected to wifi anymore. I don't know how this happened. Wired connection works fine but wireless does not and as this is a laptop that I use I think that wifi is pretty necessary.

Is there a solution? If not then I might have to re-install Zorin OS like last time (Yes this has happened before).

The laptop I'm using = Dell Inspiron 1440 (This is my old laptop and that the reason I chose Zorin OS lite instead of Zorin OS core)

Swarfendor437

Sun May 10, 2020 8:19:36 pm

See if the solution with 1 vote solves this for you:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1061539 ... piron-3542