This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin not starting up

physiomitch69

Wed May 13, 2020 5:59:26 am

HI all. I downloaded Zorin on the weekend and while I was looking for ways to get wifi on Zorin, it asked for an update which I clicked on. I left the computer which went to sleep and when I came back it would not accept my password. SO I manually switched the computer off and re-booted but now all it does is come up with the following at the top of an otherwise blank screen:

/dev/sda2: clean, 387761/61022208 files, 7416368/244059136 blocks

I am unfamiliar with this type of lingo and require some help please.

Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Wed May 13, 2020 12:38:01 pm

That is usually the end result of an fsck (=file system check), similar to chkdsk in Windows, when checking for consistency of hard drive blocks. Have you tried turning off and rebooting? "Have you tried turning it off and on again?":

turn off and on again.jpg

carmar

Wed May 13, 2020 4:15:11 pm

Swarf, that you in the picture? You look so happy.

Swarfendor437

Wed May 13, 2020 7:42:58 pm

carmar wrote:Swarf, that you in the picture? You look so happy.

Sadly, no it is not me - if it was me do you think I would be on this forum? :lol:
He made it big in Hollywood with his Irish swarthy looks. I don't know if you have ever watched the comedy series 'The IT Crowd' he played one of the IT support staff in the Basement of a tower block of offices and whenever anyone rang up to resolve an issue it was responded to by this guy saying what is on the poster. My favourite episode of this was when he had a reel-to-reel tape deck in front of his desk.
He would pick up the phone, place the handset next to the reel-to-reel tape deck in one hand whilst using a piece of wood to reach the play button. After he played it he would pause it and without moving the handset of the phone start the reel-to-reel tape after predetermined number of seconds to play, "Oh it's sorted then. Good, 'bye!" :lol:

Ironically, 90+% of the time that is what you need to do in real life!

carmar

Fri May 15, 2020 12:37:58 am

Now I'm taking entertainment advice from you. Went through the first few minutes of the first episode. All of it is pretty funny but my favorite part so far is the unisex toilet scene of the basement. I recommend Chappelle's Show in return if you haven't already seen it.