This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

No internet

Luckyjfl

Sat May 16, 2020 3:26:54 pm

Hi Guys, just installed Zorin System, along side Windows. All went well, until I could not get any internet connection. I know there is a connection, as I switched off Linux and booted up in Windows. No problem with internet. I would appreciate any help you might want to suggest.
All the best.

Luckyjfl

Swarfendor437

Sat May 16, 2020 4:52:58 pm

mdiemer

Sat May 16, 2020 5:09:11 pm

As Swarf pointed out, we need the specs on your machine. I had the same problem. In my case. it was on a late-model HP. There is a known bug with either the Linux kernel or Ubuntu (on which Zorin is based), that may prevent wireless from working on some computers. There is a fix for it on the Ubuntu forum, though I have not bothered to try it. Another possible solution may be a USB wireless device.

I joined the HP forum and asked about this issue, but no one bothered to get back to me on it, which suggests either it is impossible to solve, or it's just a lousy forum. Anyway, here is a thread from the Ubuntu forum you may find of some use:

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/201 ... ntu-18-04/

carmar

Sun May 17, 2020 12:54:34 am

In addition to the above,
1. Did you connect to your network when you were installing? Zorin asks for that during setup (at least Core does).
2. Did you see under Settings->Wifi: (a) any networks listed or (b) no Wifi adapter found ? If (b), then reboot your computer back into Zorin (not Windows) and see if the networks are now listed.

Finston Pickle

Sun May 17, 2020 7:02:46 pm

A work aroung mat be to use a powerline adaptor system to take an ethernet feed from your router and plug your device into the internet via a 1000 Mb/s connection.

I used to have periodic WiFi internet connection issues (Z12.04) but never a drop out on ethernet.