This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Changing Logitech Trackman Marble Buttons in X11

gswallow

Sun May 17, 2020 6:26:40 pm

All:

Trying to get my Logitech Trackman Marble (trackball) to work under ZorinOS v12.4 32-bit. Most of what I have is running openSuse Tumbleweed, but I recently received a 2006 MacBookPro 17 1,2 running OS X 10.6.x from my brother-in-law. Tumbleweed would not setup an EFI boot so I tried a Zorin 6 install DVD I had. So impressed I got the latest 32-bit I could, 12.4, to try and this is one nice OS for this Ol' MacBook.

My problem is configuring the buttons on my Logitech TrackMan Marble (trackball). The small buttons are all, but useless as backward/left and forward/right and under Tumbleweed I was able to configure them in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d by adding a file 70-logitech-trackman.conf which contained:

#
# InputClass configuration for Logitech USB trackball
#
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "TrackmanConfiguration"
MatchProduct "Logitech USB Trackball"
Driver "evdev"
Option "ButtonMapping" "1 9 3 4 5 6 7 8 2"
Option "ConstantDeceleration" "0.7"
Option "EmulateWheel" "1"
Option "EmulateWheelButton" "8"
EndSection

Unfortunately, it does not seem to be possible to try this in Zorin 12.4 as the X11 configuration is seems to be done differently; e.g. the folder structure is different/missing.

Anyone have a suggestion(s) how I might be able to set this trackball up under Zoring 12 32-bit?

God Bless,

GregS <><

Swarfendor437

Sun May 17, 2020 8:04:33 pm

Since Ubuntu 10.10 the x.org file was no longer present - but you can create your own - follow this guide in this thread:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/4662/wh ... re-x-there

The one with 12 votes on the left. ;) :D