This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Gnome-Easytag

Xanadux

Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:25:25 am

Has anyone had any success when installing "gnome-easytag" ?

All I get is a message saying this -

"Unable to install gnome-easytag:
cannot perform the following tasks:"

It doesn't say which tasks it cannot perform.

Thanks for your help.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:30:54 pm

No issues here:

Easytag.jpg

I installed it using Synaptic Package Manager and selecting the easy-tag Nautilus package for installation - it then picked up the main Easy Tag package to get installed too - it works! ;) :D

Xanadux

Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:46:45 pm

Thanks for answering, but looking at your screenshot you installed the GTK+ version and not the Gnome version.

I tried the GTK+ version first, but the GUI was too big for my screen and I was unable to resize it so that I could get access to various buttons at the very bottom of the screen. I thought the Gnome version might integrate better with the OS and solve that problem.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:56:58 pm

Well spotted - if the Gnome version is not in Synaptic then that is why it isn't because it won't be compatible with Zorin I suspect. ;) :D

Xanadux

Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:56:23 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:...if the Gnome version is not in Synaptic...

Yes, it's not in Synaptic, I got it via the repo'.

I have now installed Kid3-qt as an alternative to Easytag and this is working perfectly and suits my needs.

Thank you Swarfendor for your suggestions and help.

:)

Swarfendor437

Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:37:16 pm

Happy to help where I can friend. Clementine is quite good at allowing you to edit stuff but recently some of my music downloads that I purchased a while back are not being picked up correctly. :( I like Clementine for the Milkdrop Project Visualisations - beats Media Player hands down! ;) :D