This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Scanners

ZorinJIUK

Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:43:42 pm

Hi Guys. Firstly, thanks for the help I have had so far in my Linux journey. Much appreciated.

Does anyone know how to get Zorin OS 15.2 connect wirelessly to my scanner which is part of my Canon MG 3650?

I am using Simple Scan and Xsane is installed along with GscansPDF.

Tried reading different places but honestly can't quite follow it all.

UPDATE: I installed an add on called Scangearmp2 and when launching it through the terminal I can scan but it's just a shame It doesn't have an interface I can just click from the panel.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:06:49 pm

Hi, unfortunately that is all that can be done at the moment. Originally, Canon's first iteration, scangearmp apparently had an interface similar to Windows - perhaps M$ were not happy about that or Canon couldn't be bothered to upgrade the interface in line with newer kernels. You can create a shortcut for scangearmp2:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9554#p47123

Ironically, I have the same problem with Simple Scan which under new Ubuntu 20.04 and Fedora 31 Workstation it is called Document Scanner and frustratingly, Document Scanner works with my Canon All-in-One (TS8151) but not in Zorin. Hoping that when Zorin updates to the Ubuntu 20.04 base it will also solve this issue! :(

ZorinJIUK

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:17:03 pm

Great. Thanks.