This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Host Cloudready - browse file system from Zorin VM

mrvegiboy

Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:19:44 pm

I am using the virtual box app in neverware cloudready chrome os. I have Zorin lite 15.2 running as a VM. From within Zorin how do I set up my network connections so that I can browse outside the guest vm file system. My network adapter for both my guest os and the host are in the same subnet and I can ping back and forth but I don't know what to type into the Zorin file manager in order to browse the host (neverware cloudready chrome os) file system. Also I can surf the internet just fine from inside the guest os using a bridged network adapter when I am at home and connected to wifi but when I connect via wireless hotspot on my phone, neverware will surf the internet just fine but zorin won't even with me setting up 4 adapters for bridged, nat, nat network and internal network.

thanks in advance for any and all help with which you can provide me

cross posted on the virtualbox forum

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:21:13 pm

Do you have your network connection set to 'all' and 'promiscuous' mode?

Network settings VB.jpg

mrvegiboy

Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:51:03 pm

No I didn't chnage that setting from teh default choice of 'Deny'. I'll try that and let you know how it goes. Appreciate the help.

mrvegiboy

Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:13:14 pm

got it; it works. i also had a static ip set in zorin. once I changed that to dhcp it started working

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:07:27 pm

Glad you got sorted! Will mark as [SOLVED]. ;) :D