This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Start menu is hiding before hover with mouse

dpujdak

Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:00:56 pm

When I click Start menu and then try to hover search or power buttons the start menu immediately hides itself.
So you cannot use start menu at all.

I reported this issue long time ago, but it is still there.

There are lots of other different problems. Like click "Edit" on picture and it opened with text editor asking admin password before :mrgreen: .

So the user experience is very poor. Did someone test the os?

Screenshot from 2020-07-21 19-42-07.png

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:26:13 pm

Drat! I will have to log out of my Cinnamon Desktop to check! Back shortly! :D

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:47:07 pm

No problems here:

https://vimeo.com/440430909

;) :D

Aravisian

Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56:01 am

This is an odd one. I cannot duplicate it. I cannot find any reports on similar behaviour, including with the Arc Menu or the Arc Menu gnome extension. Maybe there was a corrupted file during installation?
Is it intermittent, or a constant problem?
Possible tests for that would be to remove the Zorin menu, then reinstall it using the repository. If you have or can create a bootable usb media, check whether you experience the same on your hardware using a LiveCD of Zorin demo.
You might check your mouse and mouse connection for faults. If the mouse i dropping (chuckle) its signal, that could cause the Desktop to get mixed messages.
It sounds like very fast misclicks are happening, fast enough you do not notice that it is doing it. Such as selecting an app while you are travelling the mouse TO the app you intend to select.