This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to go back to previous OS after installing?

_Tqg

Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:28:21 am

Hello! I installed Zorin OS on my laptop a few months ago and have enjoyed my experience using it, however I would like to take it off of that specific laptop because I want to install it onto another computer and revert the original one back to Windows 10. I have tried numerous times but the drive I have in the laptop cannot be formatted because it is the drive with Zorin OS on it, and the drive is not the correct format for Windows 10, which requires NTFS. If I cannot format the drive, then I cannot complete the Windows 10 installation because it is not the correct format. Does anyone know of a way that I could go back to Windows 10? Thank you!

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:09:32 pm

It is quite easy. Boot with your Zorin install media in live mode. In the menu search space enter 'Gparted' without the quotes. Once launched you will see all of the Zorin partition/s. Select each one then click on the minus and Apply so that all the partitions are removed. Then delete the partition so nothing is showing. Then create new partition and format all of it as NTFS and Apply. Now shut down your machine, remove the Zorin live media and insert your Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and let it install. ;) :D

_Tqg

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:31:45 am

Thank you for the help! Much appreciated.