This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Just WHEN ??

PeterD

Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:13:21 am

I installed Zorin AND PAID 44UKP for it as I wanted to support the 'good work' I am led to understand Zorin have done with their software, think I should have left my money in the bank or tried to get it refunded.

I installed Zorin it seemed successfully then after a 10 second look it asked me to update which it did only to find I no longer had an OS but just a flashing cursor, Zorin is one of three OS's.. Windows 10, Linux Mint and Zorin.

OK I thought lets email Zorin oh dear NO EMAIL ADDRESS just a ridiculous ON LINE EMAILER which of course you do not have a copy of what you have sent drat !! No reply after a few days send ANOTHER on-line NOTHING. Why do company's use On-Line emailing they are so VERY unsociable and impersonal.

So what happens now I cannot simply delete the OS with 3 separate OS's so "What Next" please.

An EXTREMELY frustrated first user with more money than sense as I see I could have got it free and possibly not end up with this headache wondering 'just what kind of company am I dealing with who don't support their PAYING customers' Not Good !!

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49:42 am

Hi, I will PM AZorin to look into this asap for you - but please be patient - they are just finalising a new forum layout which is much better than this one and there are only two members of the team - the Zorin brothers. ;) :D

PeterD

Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:30:36 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, I will PM AZorin to look into this asap for you - but please be patient - they are just finalising a new forum layout which is much better than this one and there are only two members of the team - the Zorin brothers. ;) :D

OK of course I will but I have seen a demonstration of Zorin and I love it so hope it won't be too long.

Why change the forum looked good to me and easy to understand and just love the blue message board my FAV colour Blue.

Look forward to having Zorin on my computer and evaluating.

Cheers Peter

PS after such a message I wondered if I would be approved glad you understood my frustration. !!

Aravisian

Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:35:23 pm

PeterD wrote:
Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, I will PM AZorin to look into this asap for you - but please be patient - they are just finalising a new forum layout which is much better than this one and there are only two members of the team - the Zorin brothers. ;) :D

OK of course I will but I have seen a demonstration of Zorin and I love it so hope it won't be too long.

Why change the forum looked good to me and easy to understand and just love the blue message board my FAV colour Blue.

Look forward to having Zorin on my computer and evaluating.

Cheers Peter

PS after such a message I wondered if I would be approved glad you understood my frustration. !!

We all understand frustration - It is how we landed here having felt frustration across many O.S.'s.
Part of being here includes helping, too.
It is true that the Zorin Team consists currently of Two developers. They will get to you, It just takes a bit of time.
In the meantime, let's see if we can help you out while we wait.

First, can you give us a brief specs rundown on your machine?
Did you install as Legacy or UEFI?
Do you have Nvidia Graphics card?
Are you using Zorin Ultimate (Gnome D.E.) or Zorin Lite (XFCE4 D.E.)?