This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Ethernet works on boot up, but stops after using wifi

Acrof

Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:41:48 am

Hi, I'm a new user coming from Windows 7. Tried W10, hated it, and tried Zorin OS and have been liking it a lot. hahah
The issue I'm having is related to the ethernet connection. If I start the machine with the ethernet cable physically connected, it detects it flawlessly and connects to the internet no problem. However, if I unplug it then connect to wi-fi, and try to go back to the cable connection, it doesn't detect it, says the "ethernet cable in unplugged" and won't let me do anything about it.
I don't have such problem with the wireless connection, I can connect, disconnect, even toggle the physical switch ON and OFF, it always comes back and connects.

I have tried the command "sudo killall NetworkManager && sudo NetworkManager" to kill and restart the network manager, but even with that it still says the ethernet cable is unplugged. I'd guess it's a driver issue, but I don't know how to properly diagnose it...

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:05:59 pm

Hi, see if any of the solutions posted here help:

https://itsfoss.com/restart-network-ubuntu/

;) :D